Hello! We hope we'll be publishing your work and that we'll be friends for a long time! For your convenience, please refer to the following:
welcomes submissions from both amateur and professional writers. All submissions are subject to editing for clarity,
grammar, and punctuation, if necessary. Potentially offensive material is discouraged and will not be used - ex: People who xxx are @#%^#% morons! (Unless they really are, of course, like animal abusers.)
No politics, please.
Authors retain full copyrights to their materials. We want to
help each other and work together, not "own" you. Being free and non-commercial, Catnip Chronicles produces no revenue, only debt. So, we can't pay for content.
All materials must be cat-related, of course, and may be from
personal or professional experience or imagination - as in humor, poetry, and short stories. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to (in no particular order):
* Cat-human relations, cat-cat relations, cat-dog relations, cat-alien relations, etc.
* Health issues - care, prevention of illness, veterinary treament experiences
* Proper feeding - commercial food, natural foods, feeding
doís and don'ts, etc.
* Rescue, fostering, and adoption
* Feral cats, feral colony care, TNR, community relations, etc.
* Treats - what, when, how much, how often, as bribes...
* Behavior - encouraging, discouraging, training
* Spaying / neutering issues
* Veterinarians - how to choose, what to expect,
* Any other reasonable cat topic
Submissions should be about 700 to 1500 words m/l (poems excepted), plus Authorís Credit. Please use MS Word
, if you want to show emphasis or formatting, or plain text, if you donít. We reserve the right - and have the duty - to edit any accepted submission for clarity, grammar, and punctuation.
If you'd like to submit a graphic (GIF preferred) or a photo
(JPEG preferred) with your work, we encourage
it! Please send us unedited or enhanced
photos - no frames, no shading, no special effects. Please see Photos
for our needs.
Please be sure to include a 5-6 line Author's Credit (if you want it) introducing you and including your URL or email, or both - your call. Write it in third person, please.
Please email your submissions to
, with photos or graphics as attachments, not
embedded in the email. Same address for any questions.
We hope you'll join us!